Monday, March 2, 2009

Educational Blog

Identify at least one educational blog or podcast that connects to your current or future pedagogical efforts and explain why you selected it in the context of your own work and ongoing professional growth.

When I'm searching for Podcasts that are educationally based, I like to go to The Education Podcast Network (http://www.epnweb.org/index.php). This site hosts podcasts created by teachers and students alike. The main reason I chose this site is because it allows me to find information about almost anything I need, when I need it. For example, in searching for a podcast for this blog, I searched for Education and Technology. One of the first feeds that I found was Teach42, a blog with podcasts from Discovery Education's Steve Dembo. Ever since seeing Steve at PETE&C, I've been interested in what he has to share. I can really connect to his energy and thirst for new technologies and their application to education. I often get lost watching videos, reading blogs, and playing with new technologies (which is why this posting has taken well over an hour to write!). Within my own career, I hope to find a position where I have more of a direct impact of helping educators use technology within their classrooms. By following Steve's blog I can easily observe ways to apply technology within the classroom.

As I was writing this, I learned about Shout'em. In Steve's words, Shout 'em is a "
create-your-own-Twitter platform that works just as easily as Ning does". These are awesome applications. If you'd like to learn more, check out http://www.teach42.com/category/social-networking/

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Kyle. Ed shared EPN as well and Teach42 is always a solid choice :)

    ReplyDelete