Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Introduction

Welcome to my blogger page for EDIM 508. I am currently a 3rd grade teacher at Pine Forge Elementary School in the Boyertown Area School District. This is my third year teaching at Pine Forge.

In our third grade setting, I coteach with one of our Special Education teachers for half of the day. This is usually the best part of my day as I look forward to the ability to interact with another adult in front of students. I always think of it as, "two times the learning, two times the fun". And, meeting our students needs is what our entire classroom philosophy thrives on.

In this class I hope to learn new ways to fuse technology into my daily routines. I think of myself as digital native with some immigrant tendencies due to the constant "hammering" of the past ways of education. My familiarities with technology include the Smart Board in my room, the classroom response system in our school, my classroom web page, student email and blogging accounts, and more. Overall, I strive to learn new technologies almost daily. Therefore, I can't wait to share my experiences with my class and my faculty.

Finally, and on a more personal note, this is one of my final two courses I'm currently taking that will finish my Master's degree! I am very excited for May, as my wife and I are graduating on the same day (although she'll be earning a doctorate in physical therapy...yes I'm very proud!) We just got married on the 27th of December, so the past month or so has been a crazy, hectic, and exhilarating ride.

Thanks for reading,
~Kyle

1 comment: